My dad was big into old Chevys and Harleys. As a kid the family car was a Belair. We had a '52 a 53' and a 55'. I got my car and bike addiction from him. I have a '62 Impala 2 door hardtop. And I've owned a few other old Chev's and Caddy's. All my bikes have been Japanese. Dirt and street. As a kid in Oakland I used to ride on the back of my dad's assorted choppers. I've always wanted one. When I was younger I never bought one because honestly there to slow. When I gave up sport bikes ten years ago I went into a Harley dealership to buy a bike. In CASH. I was treated like SH!T. I will never set foot into another H.D. dealership again. They can take there dark customs and put them were the sun don't shine. Soon after the debacle at the dealership the prices on Harleys shot thru the roof. The biggest piece of sh!t basket was 5 grand. Anything running no matter how bad was 10 g's. Being that I was newly married and had my daughter I couldn't honestly rationalize spending that much money on a bike. And I don't think there worth it. So I just kept on burning rice and enjoying myself. Around 6 years ago I saw a XS a guy had turned into a chopper and I always thought it was pretty cool. One day while surfing youtube I saw a XS this guy From Ohio built. I was astounded that thing looked cool as could be. I looked on craig's list and found a '77. I went and bought it the next day. I started to tear it down and during the process feeling like sh!t. This bike was well taken care of. I know this will show my insanity when I say this. But I swear vehicles talk to me and this one was saying don't tear me down just ride me. So I put it back together and rode it. I found a '81 and this one begged for me to save it. The guy I bought It from had it given to him. He had it painted put a new chain and tires on it and never checked the oil. The first time he took it out he blew the motor. He then parked it out side for years and that's when I came along. I bought the old rusty heap and now I'm going to chop it. A lot of people talk sh!t about Japanese bikes. I grew about around the guys these same people are trying to copy. They didn't go and buy there "custom" parts with Visa cards. They bought old beat up piece of sh!t bikes nobody wanted and turned them into cool ass choppers. So it may not be a Harley engine but it's going to be built the old school way.
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment