1968 YR 1
I remember the first time I saw this bike. A guy who lived on my block was moving and sold it to the dude I bought the CL from. As he rolled it out of the garage to the new owners house the tank shined in the sun. I was thinking to myself "why do I always miss the good deals". Several years later when the CL guy went to move himself he offered me the bike. I was so pumped walking over to his house to pick it up. Imagine my thoughts when I turned the corner to see it laying down with the engine ripped out of it. After I wheeled the now rusty chassis over to my house I went back for the engine. When I picked up the bottom end with the barrels taken off water sloshed out of it.I've kept my eye out for a donor bike for a few years now. They don't allow 2 stroke bikes on the streets of the U.S. unless they were made prior to the ban. So this is definitely a bike you won't see on the road very often. The plate on it is from California. Tags expired in 1973. The bike has over 19,000 miles on it. But the Avon speed master upfront looks brand new.
No comments:
Post a Comment