That's what the guy told me when I bought the bike. I was really hoping I would just need to bore out the cylinders and put in some new pistons. When I got it opened I realized that wasn't going to happen. A valve had popped off and took it's vengeance out on the head and piston. I didn't need that piston but I did need the head. The cylinder is fuc%ed also. I can get a new one but since my sleeve is all jacked up I have to pay a core charge. I never did find all the pieces to the valve and cylinder they must be floating around in the bottom end. After pricing out all the parts I decided it would be cheaper to find another engine. So I'm moving on with the build and If I don't find another motor by the time I'm done I'll just suck it up and put the 750cc kit in this one.
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment