Seriously. Why go spend a ton of dough on new sh!t when something used works just as well. Sometimes it bites me in the ass sometimes it doesn't. Time will tell on this one. I actually went to go buy a really nice used comppresor off a guy. It was a smoking deal and I got there late. I helped the guy who beat me to it load it on his truck. When we got done he said he had this old thing laying around. The plate says 1954 but maybe that's a patent date. I'll have to look at it tommorow. Pluged it in and the motor works. 1hp 130 psi looks to be around 20 gallons or so. Once I check for cracks in the tank i'll see how much air this old girl still pumps. I have found being a gracious loser pays off in life. This time it was a free compressor.
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
I'm a cheap bastard
Seriously. Why go spend a ton of dough on new sh!t when something used works just as well. Sometimes it bites me in the ass sometimes it doesn't. Time will tell on this one. I actually went to go buy a really nice used comppresor off a guy. It was a smoking deal and I got there late. I helped the guy who beat me to it load it on his truck. When we got done he said he had this old thing laying around. The plate says 1954 but maybe that's a patent date. I'll have to look at it tommorow. Pluged it in and the motor works. 1hp 130 psi looks to be around 20 gallons or so. Once I check for cracks in the tank i'll see how much air this old girl still pumps. I have found being a gracious loser pays off in life. This time it was a free compressor.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
nice!!!
ReplyDelete